Dr. Achyuthan Eswar is the co-founder of PHC, with a mission to empower people to ‘Be Your Own Doc’ through Naturopathy & Yoga.
At the age of 12, Dr. Achyuthan Eswar decided that his passion in life was to empower people to heal themselves without depending on medications. He studied and practiced different healing methods, from reiki to reflexology, and affirmations to psychology. After completing his tenth standard, he stepped out of mainstream education and started homeschooling with her family. He traveled to villages and alternate education institutions and was inspired to carry forward this passion with vigour.
He spent the next two years exploring different established systems of medicine, theatre, yoga, communication skills, music and martial arts. He interned under Dr. Ram Kumar of Punarnava Trust & Vaidyagrama Healing Village and explored traditional Indian principles of healing. In 2009, he joined SDM College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences and was awarded Bachelor of
In 2009, he joined SDM College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences and was awarded Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, a 5 1/2 year professional medical degree, from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in 2014.
In the duration of his course, he has presented two prize winning concept papers in international conferences:
- ‘Vamana Dhauthi and Asthma: underlying physiological mechanisms of cure – A Novel Hypothesis’, in International Conference on Yoga and Naturopathy, Bangalore, Feb 2012, for which he won second prize in poster presentation competition.
- ‘Diabetes Mellitus and Fruit’, in International Conference on Frontiers in Yoga Research and its Applications, SVYASA Yoga University, Bangalore, 2014, for which he won second prize in poster presentation competition.
He was elected cultural secretary in his final year, and organised an first inter-house Yoga competition in the college after a gap of more than a decade. He was also part of the team that organised the Guinness World Record-holding event, Largest Yoga Class at Multiple Locations, held by Shri D Veerendra Heggade, 2014.
After he finished his internship, he stayed back at the college for three months to lead a team of 100 undergraduate and postgraduate students in designing and creating a 6-room exhibition on Naturopathy and Yoga for the International Conference on Naturopathy and Yoga, SDMCNYS, Ujire, Dharmasthala, 2014.
After he graduated, he traveled across India and studied Naturopathy and Yoga clinics and hospitals, identifying what made them succeed and which ones had the highest social impact. This journey culminated in the establishment of PHC Lifestyle Clinic, a unit of Punarpoosam Health Care.
‘Punarpoosam’ or ‘Punarvasu’ is the nakshatra that symbolises the Ashwini Devas, physicians of the Gods in Hindu mythology. The word itself means ‘return’, ‘renewal’ or ‘rebirth’.
Through PHC Lifestyle Clinic, his team has conducted outreach programs, talks, workshops and disease reversal program that have directly impacted over 12,000 individuals and their families on natural health and wellbeing over two years. Amongst other projects, they have school wellness programs and regular film screenings and potlucks at the clinic where people gather to celebrate their connection to nature and journey towards perfect health. They also have two online initiatives:
- Living Mindfully, an free online course that guides you through reversing and preventing disease by adopting a Natural diet: https://naturopathyoga.org/livingmindfully
- DietFruitfully.com, a Naturopathic Whole Foods Plant Based recipe database for achieving and preserving health: http://dietfruitfully.com
Dr. Achyuthan Eswar hopes to impact people from different communities across the world to adopt a healing way of life and empower them to ‘Be Your Own Doc’.
- Mobile Number: +91 9480341942
- Email address: [email protected]
- Website: www.naturopathyoga.org